9.21.2008

group date

How's this for good odds? 8 guys. And me.


I wish I could tell you I was the master mind who devised this setting as an ingenious twist to speed dating.

I did imagine how it could have played out had we been on a reality show. I could have singled them out and grilled them, weeding them out until there was just two or three of them left and from there we'd go on little mini dates or something. Grand winner and I would of course load up in a helicopter and have dinner on top of a mountain or something equally nuts...

How whacked out is my imagination? It's what I do when football highlights come on.

As far as first dates go this has to go down as the most random. It's been a long time since someone asked me out on a date and brought friends along. 7 of them no less! He doesn't know that I have a history of liking my date's friends. And before you think this guy obviously doesn't know what he's doing... I was actually surprised and I might give him a code name. Time will tell.

14 comments:

Jen said...

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KickButtMommy said...

If he's the one with the camera, I like him already! And friends say a lot about a person!

Vee said...

Way to go. That's awesome. You can learn a lot about someone from watching them with their friends. Plus you learn a lot about their friends.;)I'm glad you were suprised. It looks like you had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

He brought his friends along to check you out and give him feedback. No doubt you got a smashingly good rating, of course. Looks like you were having a jolly time. Good for you. Where did you find this guy?

Jackie Sanders said...

Look at what a BABE!!!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair like that!
Did I mention I am pregnant, AND married?
Rats!
Go Jenna!
No no no! I ADORE my hubbs and life, but heck, with odds like that!!! you did NOT say you had a date, let alone 7 OF THEM!!!! oooo, your in for it!
yes, were they just dorks? Did you feel like the bachelorette? Hey, we're onto something!!

Amy said...

that is awesome and i might just have to call you to get details from your exciting life!!!!??

Cara said...

Nice one Jenna! So did you get 7 extra phone numbers?

Sioux said...

Love them odds! Keep yourself free for a chance meeting at Shaylee's wedding!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't get any better than that! Looks like a fun group....I wonder what he has planned next time!! Following your adventures is so exciting:)
Frybaby

Anonymous said...

Is that The Pie???
me again

jenna marie said...

A's for your Q's: yes Sioux, I love chance meetings ;) Vickers, I found him at school. Cara, no extra numbers. bummer. Totally JK. And yeah Frybaby, it's the Pie, but the south jordan one.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun to me, but like Sue says, don't forget to look foxy on Oct 10th at Shaylee's reception because Mac will be there in a tux, so look for the next best looking guy in the room because the groom will be the best one. I have never seen him, so I can't say for sure what he looks like, but anyone, come and see.

DiAnne

jenna marie said...

We got Shalee's announcement, if he looks anything like his brother... and a tux? :) October 10th is going to be a great day!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is I'm glad I'm in Korea!!! I need my whole company to back me up with all those guys!! I might have to bring some firepower with me when I come in two weeks!!!