9.17.2008

how many markers do you really need?

Since you asked, let me tell you. I have a serious problem with making up my mind on really dumb things.

Big decisions? I can usually make those with ease. Not always, but once my mind is made up I'm there and it's settled.

It's the little things that get me all tied up.

Like buying markers. I was told last week the time had come to buy rendering markers. Fun! I love markers. These aren't your average marker. These are The Kine of Markers.

I hop online and find that not only can I buy them at more than half price than at the local art store but I have TOO many options to chose from. Do I get the giant set of 156? Or do I just buy a few of my favorite colors and create my own set?

I've tried picking just a few favorites.... 123 later I don't know how to whittle down my choices to fit into the container that will only fit 80 that would work so great for saving space....

Shoot. I've thought about these markers long and hard and each new day I think I've come to a resolution and when I get right down to it I JUST CAN NOT MAKE UP MY MIND!

So here I am, trying to ignore the 'marker situation' but all the while my mind is still there sorting through the colors. "Limepeel and driftwood are must haves, but do I really need ballet pink and blond wood?"

And you thought we knew who had OCD in the office. Think again!

7 comments:

rickandlaurie said...

I love markers too! I`m sure not as much as you though. I saw your cute parents the other day. They look great! When are you coming to St. George?

KickButtMommy said...

I don't need any stinkin' markers. And you can ask Ella why.

Vee said...

I think I'm with kickbuttmommy, although I don't know the whole story I think I can guess. I don't need any stinkin markers either, or crayons for that matter. I'm done with both. But I wish you all the luck in the world in your decision, because I struggle making up my mind on those kinds of things too. Why can't they just let you have them all and then only charge you for shipping, wouldn't that be nice?

Jackie Sanders said...

As long as you are SURE she will not require some colors (as mine did) and that you are SURE it won't be cheaper to buy a completed set....then yes, pick the individual ones...AHAHHA! They are just crazy crazy expensive! Sorry!
AND I ended up selling mine in the end, becuase what would I do now with 200 REALLY expensive markers?
Best Wishes!!!!

Anonymous said...

It is not the OCD in you but the artist in you. Get them all...I know that you WILL use every stinkin' one of them, even the butterscotch begonia.

Jen said...

Clothes, markers, shoes.....we all love shopping!

Anonymous said...

So which 33 did you NOT want?
frybaby