9.07.2008

I don't bleed red. How about aubergine?

Thank you for your interest in the name of my faceless adventure date a couple days ago. I've decided to keep it that way for now. I could start giving out code names again. RC22, RC23 but it poses the threat of becoming pathetic should I reach a high number like RC784 and still no luck.

Coree and I declared a Social Revolution a couple weeks back so I've been out n about doing my best to not shoot down possibilities before I give them a chance. That's the problem with high expectations.

I would love to entertain you all with my experiences. Especially since the majority of you view them from your snug vantage point from the other side of married.

I went to the Utes game last night and have to tell you that I'm still the most un-enthused football fan alive. I thought it sounded fun when my date asked me to go because I do like a stadium full of excited people as much as the next person {unless the next person is Grandpa Awesome} But we were in a box so I felt removed from the party and it was more like glorified sports on tv with free popcorn and fancy neighbors.

I amused myself by watching giant moths and the light change on the mountains.

So after giving it another go, I've decided to break up with football for good.

Football: Was it something I said?
Me: No. Although I've never understood you. 'Blue, 32...' What is that?
Football: Is there someone else?
Me: It isn't you, it's me.
Football: Can we still be friends?
Me: I just don't really see the point.
Football: Ok. Good game.

7 comments:

FRYBABY said...

How are you going to survive living in this household and not like football??? Football will be hanging around all of the time....won't that be really tough on you???

Anonymous said...

You can never get the feel for football until you are down close to the sidelines, get jostled around by a bunch of drunks (I know UofU football), know someone on the team, or just plain love carnage. "Blue 32"? Could never figure that one out either.

Cara said...

I prefer the kind of football that comes with commercials. My expertise amounts to, "oh this is the team with my favorite colored pants!" My husband thinks I'm "cute."

KickButtMommy said...

I'm with you girl. Me and football just don't go. Lucky for me Miles and football never hit it off either.

Jackie Sanders said...

You are breaking my heart!!!
Really!
How can you be my friend....football?
Jenna!!!
AND sky box tickets...those are not always easy to come by!
I have THOUSANDS of people who would KILL for those!
Oh, and I"ve decided I'll be the first to buy the book you write...you are SO SO SO clever with words!

Kent and Shan said...

I totally understand. we've never been friends (me and football, that is)...why start now huh?

Devry said...

i think i've watched 5 to 6 football games on tv this weekend alone. don't get me wrong, i love football, but i would never watch that many games on my own accord, i owe all the copious amounts of football viewing to Quinn.