9.29.2008

tip toe thru the space planning

I lost track of the amount of time I've spent on this project for space planning. Funny thing is this isn't even a 'big' project. This is just a regular one. What does she mean by 'big' exactly I wonder?

The course is living up to what I heard about it. Minimum 16 hours out of class for every project.

Not complaining, just merely informing. Where am I? What have I been up to lately? Well, with a few breaks scattered throughout for food, a bit of a social life and sleep, my weekend started at 3 pm friday and I've been in my room doing this ever since and then end is not in sight. Well, kinda. But I'm blogging instead of facing it because it seems oh so far away.

The project: Putting together a presentation with ADA required changes to a 1920's residential remodel. Meaning this home has to have the all the details to make it functional for someone with limited mobility and wheelchair accessible. Including furniture choices, flooring, window placement, elevation drawings of kitchen/bath and adjusted floor plans with new door widths and ramps, etc.

If anyone ever says "Oh you're a designer, how cute, that must be fun to just shop and stuff."... well, I'll fight the urge to react.

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

That does sound hard!

Sioux said...

You got what it takes, BABY! It all sounds and looks overwhelming, but one day, you'll be like Ty-whizzing thru houses and projects like a buzz-saw! I have faith in you....

Kent and Shan said...

You're amazing. Good luck with that! If you want to take a quick little slurpee run break then for sure let me know!

Anonymous said...

Jenna, Jenna, Jenna...You have more to show for your time than anyone I know. Plan all the space you want, it will always be fantabulous. I give you an A+ sight unseen.

Cara said...

I recommend the mango fruitista at Taco Bell. It'll make your weekend and maybe inspire you as well.

Amy said...

dang that does not sound fun! good luck,you the only one could pull that off!!