10.02.2008

story problems

It's been a very enjoyable day in a hazy way. There is a fine line between too tired and just tired enough to float along and enjoy the vagueness that comes with it and after 3 hours of sleep last night I find myself in the latter group.

I presented my space planning project and said 'good riddance' and have a weekend to catch up on my other classes before starting on the next behemoth. I love homework.

Walking to my car to go to work I stepped over this little yellow leaf and hesitated, watching it and thinking about putting it in my pocket because it looked 'lonely'.

As I drove to class after work I watched for my favorite landmarks along the way.

I'm loving cranes as of late. I'd like to operate one sometime.

I think it's a sign that I've reached my silliest when I start doing math problems for fun. I don't do math for fun. But I really HAD to find out how many golf clubs I cleaned in my 4 years at the golf course and I get out the calculator to curb my curiosity.

Say I worked on average 4 days a week. There were 76 carts and if we were at capacity that meant I would hop on the back of at least 36 of those carts to clean clubs, there are two sets of clubs to a cart so that would mean maybe 20 clubs a cart give or take.

How many clubs did I clean in 4 years? OK, Amy will call me on this. Not always were we slammed, nor could we clean every club, and not every day did we care to try for every tip that came our way and cleaned maybe 4 of the dirtiest clubs before slamming them into their trunk and sped away on our golf carts....

So the real question would be, how many clubs did I have the potential of cleaning?

3,717,120

Woah.

OK then. That is a lot of golf clubs.

Goooooodnight moon. (the last picture was of the moon but my camera still hates dusk so pretend you can see a barely there sliver of a moon. It was beautiful.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three hours of sleep is NOT sleep. That is a nap!...at least when you get to be my age.

Over 3 million golf clubs cleaned but think how brilliantly you could play golf if it had been over 3 million clubs swinged. Just a tiny bit of humor there.
Gooooodnight Moon!

KickButtMommy said...

I think you need some sleep, love.

Amy said...

ohhhh the good ol days:) miss them sometimes??