11.13.2008

new job and semester count down

I don't think I mentioned yet that I have a new job? I do. I am a Bridal Consultant for LatterDayBride. It's been such a nice switch from that last job.

I'm having fun learning the tricks to selling wedding dresses and memorizing all the names and special things about each dress we carry. {about 150 in stock} I'll be training for another couple weeks then we'll be opening the new showroom at the beginning of December at the Gateway downtown SLC {and a short two minute train ride from school} I'm syked. Know someone who needs a dress? Um, friends and family discount.

Next week I turn in my restaurant project {Asian Fusion restaurant called CRANE on Venice Beach, CA- more to come on this} and that will mean there is only one more major project left for this semester. Ye-ah baby! Space Planning is still my favorite class but I have been so preoccupied this semester...

10 comments:

Lindee said...

well shoot! my sister-in-law just randomly decided to get married in two weeks....but she already has her dress. if only i knew! haha. that sounds like a fun job. do you guys have bridesmaids dresses too? i'm not sure, but i may still have to find one.

Anonymous said...

There you go with that Space Planning term again....oxymoron that is really fun to comment on.

Congrats on the new job....who knows, maybe fashion is your bigger forte?!

KickButtMommy said...

I might need a wedding dress when I leave Miles for Daniel Craig. I'll let you know.

FRYBABY said...

Do they buy used ones?? :)
Can't wait to see your design of CRANE!

jenna marie said...

u have a thing for that Daniel Craig hmm? He does pull of scraped, disheveled and bruised quite nicely. I might just have the dress for you Kickbutt. :)

jenna marie said...

not scraped, scrapped? oh sheesh, it's too early to spell! Back to lighting my restaurant....

Jen said...

Good for you! I think this job will be a nice, less stress change for you. Ah....breath.....

Good luck with school. I so remember those times. No fun, but so worth it.

Jen said...

What the crap were you doing up at 5:30 am? (The comments you made.)

jenna marie said...

homework my friend, I was doing homework at 5:30 am. Do you think it's a sickness if I wake up unprompted sometimes and have an urge to study? hmmmm.... that's just sick

Kent and Shan said...

preoccupied huh??...for a certain bearded man?