11.11.2008

a reminder

I wish I could tell you I only thought grateful thoughts today for the veterans who have served our country. After running a bunch of unsuccessful errands today and getting denied by the bank and the library I gave up and went to Grandma's for a hug.
We drank eggnog and chatted about whatever. I jokingly whined to Grandpa about not being able to do some of the things I wanted to do because of the holiday. "You can thank me," he said, chuckled his grandpa chuckle, then went back to his poker game. Good point grandpa, I should thank you. Sometimes I really need to chill out and remember to thank the people who make it possible for me to live peacefully in this great country. Thank you.

8 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I love that you can just stop by grandmas for a hug, a laugh, and some egg nog. Makes me miss her and my grandmas too.

FRYBABY said...

Grandpa made it possible for more than our freedom........thanks for EVERYTHING dad!!! But especially our freedom!

Vee said...

That was a great post! I reunited with your Grandma on Saturday. Is this the same one? I didn't remember her name but I recognized her face from when we used to play together. She remembered me as a little girl as well! I was impressed. She is a neat lady.

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and Grandma Awesome, a name bestowed upon Grandpa years ago by his grandkids and applied to both of them now. They are awesome and they are both veterans of defending freedom, helping the sick and dying, and raising five little hell-raisers....well, maybe Krissy wasn't a hell-raisers, but the rest of us certainly were. Thanks Mom and Dad for more than I will ever know and for everything that I am and have. Love you both and love you too, Jenna, for always being there to get the hugs and return them to Grandpa and Grandma Awesome.

whitey said...

Vicki is right they both served this country and they did it together and raised a great family.Thanks to you both.

Cara said...

2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate? Awesome!

Amy said...

no kidding... thanks for that! you are so sweet!

jenna marie said...

these are the kinds of comments I blog for. thnx guys! :)