1.17.2009

loving lately

it's that time again. I'm homesick for those sweet kids tonight so I'll just ramble instead about the things I love:

learning. Can't get enough of it.

I have a friend at CCG Howells who got me an internship for the semester. They are one of the larger design firms in SLC and do both commercial/residential work. I'm more than excited to get some exposure to contract {commercial} design. I've been curious to see if it is something that I'd like to do so here is the perfect opportunity to find out. I have loved residential in the past because I like the emotion that comes with seeing the difference in someone's home, but how cool would it be to design a public space?

the weather. It's warmer this week. I thought about spring today and washed my car in celebration. Not that I'm quite ready to be done with winter {it's growing on me}. Can't deny it tho, I'm still a desert rat.

my mom. {dad too of course, I'm not forgetting you} we had a conversation this week that took me back to being a headstrong brat and it made me realize, again, how cool she is. My mom is the coolest.

the memory of Shon. {said like shawn} He was the coolest snowman I ever met. Eyepatch included. Devin and Cari built him then transported him in a bucket to the deck. It was a sad, sad day when I walked by the window and found Shon, face down with his brains {tennis ball} exposed and his hair all over the place.
selling dresses. can you think of a more enjoyable college job?

eating greek food, waiting in line at the red iguana, office max, the top of a mountain, or the garage with a paint roller in my hand. {just some of my favorite places this week to feel loved.}


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the internship. Now you have that class requirement covered.