1.20.2009

typos, memos and general mischief

I don't know what has gotten into me. I'm usually so much more bloggerish. It must have to do with the schedule I keep as of late? No. I've always been busy. Maybe I don't have an excuse other than I haven't felt very creative in the writing department, and so the cat suffers.

Rhetoric - a form of writing where you understand and know your audience and move them with your skills. Don't consult Webster on this definition, it is only my lose version of what I think the word means. I have felt for some time now that my blog jitters around on the edge of out of control and not quite in balance with what my original intentions were for it. {I whine about this from time to time, have you noticed?}

I want my anonymity so I feel free to write about whatever I want and not have you worrying about my sanity or thinking that what I have to say is in anyway directly related to what is going on in my life as you may know it on a personal level. If it weren't so daunting I'd start afresh and go about pretending I was writing to a void. {Dear Void...} But secretly I'd be writing to you still, hoping you'd somehow found the new anonymous me, so what's the point?


I'm supposed to be studying things tonight. I've put in a fair amount of time on it but I can only take in so much. I can't {or don't like to} focus on any one thing for long even when it is a subject I enjoy. Le Corbusier and the likes are an interesting bunch. Creative, crazy folk. I've thought sometimes about what it would have been like to live earlier on this green planet when crazy was few and far between and if you had any amount of it, you'd really stick out and shine. There weren't so many avenues to find it, or was there? I don't know for sure but it sure seems like there was more out of this world leaps and bounds movement 'back in the day'. Take Goudi. Dude. The Church of the Sacred Family? Strange stuff.

I definitely think leaving a mark takes a bit of crazy and sometimes I wonder if I keep covering mine up like a rash it'll just shrivel up and die like the proverbial talent.

Especially so when I get assignments like the one we were given today in my studio class. Freaked me out in a good way. To do: Design a space entirely around something 'innovative'. And that is about how broad it is. Really. Two weeks to complete it. Hmmm...

So whilst searching for clues I wandered over to this guy's blog. He's been a favorite for some time, but for whatever reason I've failed to mention any favorite bloggers recently. Remember how I was going to do that kind of thing for awhile, and then I didn't? I apologize. If you were interested then, and I let you down, well, I'll make it up to you now. Deputydog rocks. He's English so he uses words freely that you might cringe at a little so I hesitate to share but I linked you to an older post of 'really cool holes' so browse at your leisure and I think you'll be hooked. Quit his day job to blog about 'things' and he does make 'things' interesting. THIS made me laugh, too. Don't think you'll laugh? Giant babies crawling around on a tower in Prague. Take a peek, dare ya. Design can be funny.


And now, back to it.

3 comments:

FRYBABY said...

I definitely think you need to take up writing! A romantic comedy would suit you well! It would be a best seller.........because you have such a colorful way of expressing yourself!

Lindee said...

:S they don't have faces!! that is the craziest building i've ever seen, hands down. i wonder what their "message" was.

Anonymous said...

Apparently 'crazy' still rules and you seem to have a corner on it. Keep up the good work but don't lose your balance while you are busy worrying about losing your 'crazy'.