2.26.2009

emo gibberish

here is a detail of my 'emo' painting for class before I painted over it. It's been fun to work on but honestly I'm sick of probing my emotions to come up with anything. The replacement lacks a preconceived emotion but I'm sure I'll be able to come up with some gibberish to explain what I was feeling when I painted it. Art school wasn't a complete waste.
Kolob reservoir! I love this place. I found this in my stuff yesterday. My funny sketch doesn't even begin to show what that morning looked like. I'm sure my memory doesn't even due it right. The trees were lit up and reflecting off the motionless lake. Everything was frozen and still and the sky was the perfect blue to make the aspens look even bolder.

This was my view from the back of my truck as I woke up early one super cold morning in early september with my dogs. The pups and I got up early and hiked for miles. Kolob is 4000+ feet above St. George and the drive is my number one favorite road in Utah, maybe even anywhere. Finding this sketch and thinking about the place did not help out with how much I want to be down there right now.
Thank you Cari! She asked her mom to get this for me to take home. I've been holding onto it not wanting to waste it by just drinking it. Tonight was the night. 'It's like melted heaven.' {or aloe vera minute maid}

4 comments:

Lindee said...

I knew it looked like minute maid! haha

Anonymous said...

And I love the green nail polish.

Also would have liked to have your emo painting. Alas, tis too late now, but the colors would have been perfect in my house.

whitey said...

Love your Kolob canyon picture I could almost hear the leaves making that little rustling sound. Very peaceful.

FRYBABY said...

I can't believe you painted over that!! I thought it was awesome.....or was what I saw the painted over part??? I am just lucky that I get to see the real thing because the pictures don't always do them justice!