2.13.2009

the good and bad back up

the good. all those files I thought I'd lost last week? Didn't! Computer guy showed me where he hid them from me on my very own computer. They were there the whole time. Just not where he'd told me they'd be. Aaauuuh, relief.

the bad. i'm still using my blog as an excellent excuse to not deal with the task at hand. I'm struggling my way thru a poorly directed autoCAD class and so I'm trying to guess how to use this ultra complicated program to draw Grandma's kitchen floor plan.

but, things could be much worse. All I'm doing is trying to figure out how to work the program and the girl sitting in front of me in the lab has been crying for the last hour {seriously!} because she just lost all her CAD files for a giant project she has due soon. Lesson learned: back up back up back up back up....

glad I got a hard drive for valentine's day. mom & dad, you know the way to my heart.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Guess what??? Next Saturday we will be up north and you can meet your new Niece:) Hooray! I miss you :)

Sarah said...

...and I can meet your Mike!

KickButtMommy said...

Losing stuff off of computers it the worst! Glad you recovered it.

Anonymous said...

Modern kids! All they want for Valentines Day is technology....what happened to the roses and chocolates?!

jenna marie said...

oh no worries there Vickers, Bearded M took care of the sweet romantic gifts. The folks went above and beyond as usual and gave me the much needed {and still sweet} gifts.

YEA YEA YEA PEACH!! I can't wait to meet her!! But you'll have to wait to meet Mike, he's off cruise'n and swimming with sting ray, you'll meet him soon I'm sure. I'm itchn for the desert like you wouldn't believe. ;)

Jackie Sanders said...

ah, CAD, you'll LOVE it!!!
It is one of the funnest programs I've ever used, and yes, because I backed up everything, I never lost anything, but there was the option there!!!
CAD is fun, just be patient, as it takes time, but alas, you have talent more then most humans all together!
SO FUN!!

Vee said...

Yeah I'm glad you found your files! What a relief. I also understand about using the blog to distract from homework at hand.
It was fun to see your parents last Sunday! What a treat to have them show up in my ward. They are so sweet. Next time you should come too. I would like that very much.