2.14.2009

i love this face

Valentine's Day is upon us. I like this holiday. I've liked it since the school days when making the box to put the cards in was as much fun as receiving the card with a tiny piece of candy stuck to it. I like all the hearts, pink and red and the way it brings out the best in the way we show our love for the people in our life.

I love the beautiful flowers. And the chocolate covered strawberries...ooooh! The strawberries....but my favorite part? The hug that came with them.

More than a holiday, I just love the every day. When a look through a window at the starbucks can make my heart skip a beat. I so much rather be surprised by special unplanned moments that come with real life. That is what this girl craves. Every day love. The kind that doesn't fade or go away at the first sign of trouble. Those are the times I live for. The times when life feels real and it takes my breath away.
I love this picture of Bearded M. He has this way of looking at me that melts my heart. Those big brown eyes of his are amazing.

He is off swimming with sting ray somewhere in the great blue so I can rave about him and not worry about feeling silly about this public display for a week or so when he gets back and reads this. I've never asked him how he feels about me writing about him here... I don't think he'd mind.

The man couldn't be cooler. He is my favorite. I can laugh and cry with him and I'm getting it that I can trust him with my heart. Goes without saying that this is a big deal. I love that he is willing to understand me when I don't always get it myself.

We met more than a year ago. I have a vivid memory of the first time I saw him and the thought I had that I wanted to be his friend. I used to give him candy so he'd be my friend in sunday school.

He asked me out in October and our first date was the coolest. I walked into a wall. Straight up walked right into it and laughed it off because he might as well know that I'm a dork.

He is incredibly talented and works with such devotion. He has the reputation of being the nicest director any of his crews have worked with. His sense of humor is so unique and fun to be around. I know his dreams will come true.

He loves dogs. Need I say more?

YES! But what? I'm gushing and it's sick, but it's valentine's day so if I can't do it on this day of love when can I?

7 comments:

Sioux said...

I am so happy that you are finding happiness with yourself and through him. He's got to be just the most special guy and I love that you can act/say/do/ anything around him and feel comfortable. Be true to yourself, and you'll always find joy in what you do.

Anonymous said...

Beware of the 'brown-eyed, handsome man'. He can be dangerous....VERY dangerous. I speak from experience.

KickButtMommy said...

I, for one, think the gushing is very refreshing after all of the cryptic comments and thoughts! ha ha. Love you Jenz and couldn't be happier you have someone that makes your heart melt but keeps it safe at the same time.

Cara said...

I agree with KBMommy - it's nice to have some candidness around here! Maybe he should go on vacation more often so we can all girltalk about him while he's gone. Can't wait to hear more!

Caty said...

You should SO gush about him to other people, show him how much you care and tell the world the same thing.
Never hold back, that's how regrets are born. I speak *that* from experience.

FRYBABY said...

I prefer BLUE-eyed, handsome men who are really nice.....!! (He prefers me to say KIND not nice because he thinks that the word nice means he is weak....but I think he is kind and nice and sweet all rolled up into one BIG package!!)
I hope yours is dangerous in a good way like Vicky's!! Her dangerous man is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Yes Sushicat, I agree with Vickers and Frybaby and want to suggest that you start thinking about how much nicer blue is over brown. Blue is nice! ;-)