2.08.2009

Hawthorne Elementary

For my Modern Furnishings class we had the assignment to teach a school class about an element of design. I am still unsure as to what this assignment had to do with furnishings...but I digress.Art was the best and easiest way to go about doing this project. And yes, I worked in U2 to the conversation and they loved it.

Cut up some pieces of paper beforehand, talked with them a bit and then we got right down to it and let them go to town.
This girl was obviously getting the idea. That is her and her dog.

It was fun teaching a subject that I can get excited about. Teaching English was fun for a minute but wasn't really my thing. Once upon a time I thought I wanted to teach art and it was a blast hanging with these kids and seeing what they came up with.
If I learned anything from this assignment I learned that if design doesn't excite me in the end, teaching art could be a backup plan.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenna, what an exciting thing to do because teachers are at the beginning of all great things. Reminds me of my student teaching days. Bet those kids went home and talked about their pretty art teacher.

Cara said...

Very cool Miss Jenna. I want to go to your art class.

Amy said...

thats awesome! you would be the best at it:) how cute!

Anonymous said...

I like this entry. I think it's awesome that you get along so well with children and enjoy it so much. I too have spoken to some elementary classes doing something similar, and really enjoyed it too -- I know what you mean, it's really fun!

I like how attentive the little kids are to you too (like the boy on the far left who couldn't be leaning more forward to see you). Who can blame them? And it seems they did a great job on their projects too.

Again, you are a great artist. Your piece is very stylistic and interesting. Doesn't it kind of look like me? Must have been a subconscious thing. :-)

I know it's cold today, but I hope you are able to enjoy this fun snowy day. Later, RC1

Vee said...

I think you would be a great art teacher. That little girl really did a great job.

Jackie Sanders said...

those little girls probably thought you were the sass IN sass!!
ANd I"m sure the boys went home and told their mamams about this HOT lady that came to their class.
You should do an art class, anyway, like on the weekends, or something!
I'd love to put my chillins in your class! !

FRYBABY said...

You would be an awesome art teacher!! Come get your masters in teaching with me this fall!! Or just do the continuing education classes...what fun!!

jenna marie said...

Don't I need a BA before I can get a Master's Frybaby? I'd love to skip a step and come be studious with you, wouldn't that be great?

Oh, and I didn't do the mosaic of Bono.

FRYBABY said...

Yeah.....I guess it would help to have a BA but maybe they will forgive you of that just because we are relatives:) I love to make up my own rules! And even though you admit to not doing the pic of Bono, I KNOW if you had the time you could do one just like that or even better!!! What talent you do have!

And RC1 needs to take a look in the mirror because the pic looks nothing like him:) Let's deflate that head a little!