2.04.2009

Piasa Screen

I presented my 'innovative' project last night for Studio. I was the happiest about being able to talk about my board/concept without shaking or forgetting what I wanted to focus on. It's been a problem in the past. Either that, or I'm so exhausted from all nighters leading up to the day that I don't care at all about presenting in a way that lets anyone know I even care about what I did.
The Piasa room divider was designed by Emilio Godoy of Mexico City and it's the bomb cuz it is woven beech wood and is bendy allowing it to rotate and curve into any form desired. I put it in this 's' shape so I could put a $5000 desk in one alcove and a seating arrangement by Le Corbusier in the other, making my dream office/studio a place where I can meet with clients in one area while keeping my work area private so I can let things get as messy as my OCD ways will let them get while in the midst of a project. The seating area to the left is anchored with a jute rug and a fantastic oriental screen brings in that hint of Asian influence that I crave in most any space I've designed. {Frybaby recognized it as the one Awesome brought back from Japan and it now resides in the front room.}
This happy little flower has been keeping me company while I've been in my room rendering, gluing, stabbing myself with my x-acto knife, et al. {oh the blood! yick!} I like this flower. I just smiled at it over there in it's cute tea cup. It's the perfect color.
I hesitate posting a picture from work.... in no way am I sending any kind of signals, vibes, whatevers by posting this picture. Read that again if you don't believe me. We were unbelievably slow at work on Monday and this dress has been catching my eye ever since it was put on one of the mannequins with a beautiful brown sash. I haven't liked this dress and never saw it on anyone until it was displayed and I couldn't stop looking at it. We got our 09 dresses last week and I can't remember their names. Our creative director doesn't make it any easier by giving them tough names. So I tried them on because it helps distinguish them from each other. This one I have on is an 08 dress {Ventola} and if I had to pick a favorite, this is it hands down. But with a different color sash {cranberry? black? hmmm?}
I'm taking my laptop to the computer doctors today. Wish us well. Vista is my nemesis.

11 comments:

Sioux said...

I love your project design-hope it's a smash with the instructor and group; love, love the flower [from anyone special?}; love, love, love the dress and gorgeous mannequin...'er size 00 model!

KickButtMommy said...

I love your design. How amazing. I just can't believe you can pull those things out of your head. You rock!

Love the dress and of course is a perfect fit on you. I agree on the sash, it just doesn't do a thing for it.

Vee said...

Your design looks amazing. That dress looks perfect on you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, smart and talented...you have it all kiddo. Love you..Mom

Lindee said...

Nice design. You used your limited space well! And that dress is gorgeous! But I also agree about the sash thing. I love little beady dresses.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! You are quite an artist. I always love your style and your beautiful drawings. Great photos too.

And Dang Vista!! Grrrr!

Anonymous said...

Every bride in the world wants to look like you. Even I would come in and buy that dress simply because you make it look so great.

Love the idea of the Le Corbusier Surely beats an s-roll.

Jen said...

Love the dress---looks great on you!

Jen said...

And...awesome project

Jackie Sanders said...

Why are YOU allowed to look better on any old day in a wedding dress then I did ON my wedding day!!!
LOVE that dress!!
I blew up the picture, and it looks FAB!!!
The project, is way more creative then any I did, and that screen is way cool. Love the idea.
Yeah, I just can't get over the dress.
I'd have looked like a sack of potatoes trying to squeeze into that baby! But good for you size -0.
Oh, and I'm LOVING the additions you've made to your comment "box". Ya know? Wink wink!

Caty said...

This was a fun post, Jenna! I do LOVE that dress on you!