2.02.2009

the power of persuasion

I've passed bath n body's ad for their latest scent a few times now and I smirk a little and question the power of persuasion. Does it really make someone feel more hopeful while wearing this potion on one's skin? I got online this morning to check the ingredients to see what could possibly be used to evoke such an emotion... sunshine maybe? bits of childhood wonder? Nope, essential oils and green tea. Sounds optimistic to me.

UPDATE: I stopped in on my way to class tonight to slather myself with optimism. I thought initially it smelled like air freshener and I wished I had time to wash it off, but it isn't so bad now. The consensus from the three people in class I just shoved my fist in their faces is that I smell 'yummy'.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of us need all the help we can get.

I have always liked the perfume your mom wears...Happiness by Clinique. So perfect.

Vee said...

Happiness is my favorite too!
So the question is does Optimism even smell good?

Anonymous said...

Those people in your class are lucky people!! :-)

Caty said...

After this experiment,I will have to check it out myself!

FRYBABY said...

Ya know....optimism is all in your head anyway so if they can convince you that whatever is in that perfume will make you optimistic then it will!! It would work for me...I am sure!!

Jackie Sanders said...

would you just get it over with,and write a book!!!!
Even with every silly little post, I am CAPTIVATED with your choice of words!
Really!
How about I make a "to do" list for you!
1. Write a book!
Love you heeps!
Oh, and I could use some of that!