3.31.2009

"everyone, rich or poor, deserves a shelter for the soul"





“Architecture has to be greater than just architecture. It has to address social values, as well as technical and aesthetic values. On top of that, the one true gift that an architect has is his or her imagination. We take something ordinary and elevate it to something extraordinary.” Samual Mockbee


I just tried my hardest to track down a quote I heard by this man today. He was the genius architect behind Rural Studio. Something I would love to get involved in if I ever got the chance.

So the quote I was really after was about how we need to recognize when we are going through the motions without seeing the purpose. Only he had a much more profound way of saying it that really made me stop to consider what it meant.

I won't go on and on about it since I can't even share the real deal. I really could go on and on. I've been going full speed all day and don't know how to turn it off. Just putting it out there as a half baked thought.

I'm so close to being done with finals I can almost feel the satisfaction. So so close, but I just remembered CAD.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So glad we finally reconnected. Reunited and it feels so good!
Lof you

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.