3.30.2009

give me a reason

there is a couple rooms here at the bc dedicated to CAD. One has a plotter {really large printer} the other does not.

I'm in the plotter-less room. I have a large drawing to print. But there is a class in the other room. I've peeked in a few times and the instructor is sitting quietly at her desk while the handful of students are working together on something I assume are group projects.

No harm in sneaking in and using a computer at the back of class right? I've been in classes in that room before when there have been random students in back plotting things. My turn.

I no sooner sat down quietly and without a single student turning to look to see who just snuck in, when the lady snapped to attention and informed in a loud {and rather rude} manner that they were in class.

right. I see that. But you aren't lecturing, people aren't presenting things, and I was way less disruptive than your loud territorial outburst. My my. This is what I would have said if I was the kind of person to say my thoughts without thinking it through first.

give me a reason lady.

This little story represents the moments in my harried schedule where I feel the stress. I have about 7 lists running right now that I consult and they keep me happy and sane. {I find great joy in crossing things off} I don't feel the stress until presented with the opportunity to lash out at authoritative figures who like laying down the law for no other reason than they can.

six days and counting

5 comments:

Vickers said...

Serge always said, "Little people with a little authority love to throw it around". Makes them feel important, I guess. No common sense, no consideration, no help. Too bad you ran into one of "Those"!!!
How's are your trip preps coming along?

Jen said...

I tried emailing you again. If you didn't get it...something is wrong. My cell number is the same if you still have it.

Jen said...

By the way....what a wiener....

Anonymous said...

Jenna,
Next time pull the fire alarm and then use it!!

Ben

Cara said...

Don't you just hate it when that happens? Sounds like she's one paint chip short of a design board.