4.01.2009

final + moving

blurry proof of hours of work over the last month on my studio final. So crazy that after all that time spent the only thing I have to show are two boards {and a specification cd detailing every last fixture, fabric and accessory in the space}

What I'd really love is to see if the space actually works. It does in my head but would someone really want to live there? It's a bit anticlimactic to spend all that time thinking of every last detail, present the thing, then stop thinking about it and add the boards to the growing pile in my room.
We're playing musical rooms here at the house. Frybaby promised me I'd see this happen if I lived here long enough. I love change! The guys are being moved from the basement to the top floor and Coree, Casey and I are taking over the basement. Most excited about the closet below the stairs. I feel like I'm bargain shopping in my own closet. {It rocks in there}

I went and picked colors for the new room {technically the theater room}. My favorite out of the bunch is Golden Cricket - yellow with some great gray/green undertones. It is a warm, but not in a big obvious way so it can help with the mental coolness of the basement. Can't wait to see if the 'client' likes it.

A major + to the day is my new drafting table I picked up from my studio professor tonight for a total bargain. Handmade and sleek. Has me excited about next semester.

3 comments:

Vickers said...

Isn't this the weekend you have to be Baltimore? And, in addition to all that you are redecorating Frybaby's basement. Ahhh, to be young and ambitious again.

Jen said...

Don't have a stroke once you are able to sit down and breathe.

Good luck with getting things ready for your next experience! Wish I was there to help you.

Caty said...

When will I see you again? :(