3.05.2009

prickly weeds

I'm up to my elbows in projects and while I'm downloading, drafting, creating a power point and researching this guy {um, I heart Barclay} I thought I would say hey to my online friends and share a couple pics that started me in the direction I'm thinking of going for my final studio project. {Yep, I get inspired by prickly weeds.}

so far mixing those colors with a borrowed idea from the man, Corbusier: using lots of vertical lines to create the illusion of space - and I'm feeling pretty good about things thus far. I'm going to need every vertical line I can get {without being obvious} to make my teeny tiny 524 square foot loft look spacious. Even if the living space is only 15'x10'...

Can you imagine fitting your lifestyle into a kitchen/dining/living area within a 15'x10' space? I'm going to make it work somehow bc every inch of the rest of my sq footage is eaten up in other awesome ways. thank heaven for 'loft sized' appliances.

crazy to me that after each project I get completely burned out and i never want to pick up my scale again. Then a couple hours into the next one and I've forgotten how tired I was and somehow it all becomes exciting again. What is this addiction?

4 comments:

whitey said...

http://intothehermitage.blogspot.com/ If you get a chance check out this gal and her art work but most of all her house on wheels and the places they go! Now that would be fun.

Anonymous said...

Your compulsion is fueled by your talent and your need to create. Sounds like a fabulous combination and one which will always spell success.

jenna marie said...

hippies! artists! and a super cool truck? Wow. I love it Whitey, thnx for sharing. Her drawings are amazing.

Caty said...

You are so artistic, Jenna.
I love reading the updates about your projects!