3.03.2009

Thrown for a loop

Thrown for a loop is what I decided to call my 'emo' painting. I wanted to show the commonality I see in the events in my life. Even the hard to understand or appreciate experience is beautiful. While I'm struggling my way through it and I can't see it for what it is completely, once I reach the other side I can see where I was from a new perspective. Hopefully a new height. What felt like separate events all start to come together as combined experiences that make life fulfilling and something to be grateful for. The lighter colors on one side and the darker on the other go along with the fight between the wolves I mentioned in the last post and about rising above difficult times and finding hope in the process...blah blah blah... I'm so bone tired of all the sifting.

Writing about it is a little easier than my attempt at presenting my concept this afternoon. I knew it was going to be hard, but the public meltdown is something that will go down in my book for one of my personally most horrifying moments ever. Ever. I'm still wondering who that person was. Body snatcher. I think that's the story I'll stick with if anyone asks.

It looks like a harmless swirly pattern, but I put it all in there. I poured all my sadness and worry into this painting. It was therapeutic and the timing for the project was divine. I couldn't have been that focused on any other assignment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You put your whole soul into your artistic offerings. Who knew that your talent at verbalizing would be so poetic and beautiful, too.

whitey said...

Body snatcher I like that term, that could explain lots of things in my life. It is great that you can express your self that way, the world would be a much better place and colorful if we all could paint like you.

Jackie Sanders said...

Oh Jenna! I am sorry.
I love the art though. And, where can your previous work be purchased!! Love it!

KickButtMommy said...

I love it.

FRYBABY said...

You are a WOMAN and meltdowns are part of the territory.....just refrain from having them in public!! :) Those heartwrenching stories just pull us women closer together though! Onto bigger and BETTER (happiness, that is....NOT meltdowns!)