4.20.2009

constellations

Haiti is in our rear view mirror so to speak. We pulled out of the bay around 1700 last night and the sea and sunset were absolutely beautiful {pictures to come, I promise}

I love when we are underway. I could be a sailor, or maybe a pirate. {their outfits are cuter}The rolling makes it fun to walk down the halls like a drunken sailor, the wind feels great after the humid heat, the movement makes me sleep like a baby. All of it.

It's been a bit of a holiday on board since we got underway. We were told to take advantage of the relaxed schedule. Get some extra sleep, decompress. I had good intentions of sleeping for hours.

We met for sacrament meeting last night, then went out to the flight deck and watched 'Taken' projected on the side of the helicopter garage.

I couldn't focus on the movie, I was too distracted by the backdrop. I have never seen so many stars in my life.

After the movie Daryl, Chuck and I went up to the highest deck where the pallets are kept and laid back on lounge chairs made out of crates and enjoyed the view. Time flew by and I didn't realize I'd missed on my extra sleep time, but it was well worth it. I wish I weren't so tired so I could think of words to describe the beauty and the awe I felt looking at one of Heavenly Father's beautiful creations that is so much bigger than my understanding.

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Jenna, I feel the same way when I look at the ocean and the sky! I am glad you don't get sea sick!

Cara said...

I don't know, I think Navy uniforms are pretty sharp. The stars are amazing.

Vickers said...

Have you seen the sharks following the bilge dump yet, and the flying fish in the prow spray? Also incredible and something to go out or your way to see.

Make a wish for me on your next shooting star. Love you.

FRYBABY said...

You make me want to go on a cruise again! It was always so fun to wander around the decks (especially to find one where no one was.....and that was rare!) just to see what you could see. Never laid out under the stars though because by the evening I was so dead tired wandering the decks!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Jenna,
The posts from your trip make me cry. I'm proud of you. I so happy you that you are living the life you're meant to be living and having such a wonderful adventure.

L,
Sig

Jackie Sanders said...

dido on the stars! I know exactly what you are talking about. Yes, ALL WORTH the less sleep! You are livin' it up! good for you! (wow, I sound like cho. mama)