5.13.2009

Mail Call, Mail Call

olCHEFski, You asked for a eulogy, and I've tried to think of something wonderfully articulate and moving, but I can only come up with inappropriate things like 'you might think you can eat more hot dogs than me, but you can't'. It isn't nice to rub short comings in the face of the eulogised.

The COMREL last week was enjoyable, even with lack of planning. We ended up at a rest home when we should have been at a boy's school doing yard work, but I was ok with the mix up. There were a few buildings with rows of beds for the residents in each, and an overall peaceful atmosphere. I liked the airy openness to the rooms allowing birds to fly in and wander around. Angel is one of my new friends I made during our visit.



A new aspect to my days: I'm a mail orderly now. {Not to be confused with a male orderly. Easily done as Chaps tried to wrap his head around how I might be suited for that position.}

I was asked to pick up the mail for our group {LDS Charities} and what I thought would be just as easy as walking in and asking for the mail turned into forms, signatures, and some light training. I could find myself in prison, or fined heavily, should I do any number of things that I don't plan on doing like giving someone a piece of mail not addressed to them, tampering with stamps, et al.

What does my tattoo say, you may be wondering. 'Property of the United States Navy' and below is 'small package'. The other arm: spoiled, fragile, and do not bend.

7 comments:

Vickers said...

Jenna, your bicep is almost as impressive as the swabbie's, but not quite. So you are fooling around with the legalesse stamps, hmmm?!
As for the birds free access to the sleeping area, ask your mom about her Hawaiian HS cafeteria which was also open to the migrant fowls. Gives you a whole different perspective. Love seeing your pictures. Keep posting.

Unknown said...

Hi there Jenna. Tatoos??!! Ha...looks like you are having a great time. Service will do that for you! Do you feel renewed and revived, after being in school for so long? It'll be fun for you to run off all your blogs so you will have a journal record of all the good times -- and feelings. I wish I had done a better job - writing.

FRYBABY said...

I think there is a hidden meaning behind 'olCHEFski'!! It always takes me a while to catch on! Love the pics though!

Jen said...

Looks like fun! Glad to see you are able to get in the sun and sit on the dock of the bay!
Oh how that song brings back memories.

Cara said...

Your bicep is quite impressive! Who knew that handling mail could be so dangerous?

whitey said...

Love your second picture down.

KickButtMommy said...

Nice gun show!