9.21.2009

sun soaked slc


I was fighting off a nap earlier this afternoon bc I have one day off to enjoy my freedom to do as I please and I don't want to sleep it away. Instead, I wandered around SLC taking pictures and enjoying the beautiful fall weather.



Emigration Canyon - bikers are made of rocks. How do they do it?

Cranes...after my own heart. I can't explain my love for those machines.


seagulls and alleyways and funny old buildings...I wasn't really thinking about anything I was taking pictures of, just taking them as I wandered to give me reasons to go this way and that way.



I would love a quicker reflex for times like these. I'm so much more comfortable taking pictures of textures and color. Moving targets are things I notice and wish I'd catch, but I'm happy with seeing the moment all the same. This guy made my day riding his retrofitted bike down Main Street with a huge grin on his face. Maybe instead of wishing for a quicker reflex, or better camera, I should just wish for more courage to jump out in the street and take the picture when I first want to instead of hesitating. Something about snapping shots of strangers seems invasive.

3 comments:

Vickers said...

You do get around, from the canyons and hill tops to the city streets. You did all that in one afternoon?

Fav Foto of the day.....crazy happy man on weirdo bike. Winner for sure.

KickButtMommy said...

Looks like a full day to me. You do know how to find the beauty in everything. What a gift.

Jackie Sanders said...

Is it possible to get the rights to your photos? Really?
There are a few that I'd love to blow up!!!!